Thursday, October 01, 2015

Seoul Day 1: 14 Sep 2015 (Siloam sauna)

I'm flying back to Seoul for the third time in 4 years!! This time for business cum leisure.  It was a pretty last minute trip with bookings made only 3 weeks in advance.

After a hectic morning, my flight took off via at 2.55pm for Incheon Airport. 

Upon arrival at one of the world's best airport, Incheon Korea, I purchased my CashBee card.  Apparently, this has the same function as the T-Money card.  This is a very important card if you decided to use public transport frequently.  It covers all the metro lines within Seoul as well as Busan.  Well, this time round, I won't have time for Busan. 

I transferred via the All-Stop train from Icheon Airport station to Seoul station.  The fuss free transfer took 56 min and led me within walking distance to my work hotel, Millennium Hilton @ Seoul Station.  This, however, will not be my choice of stay tonight.  I'm only dropping my luggage to return 2 nights later.  

The cool air of autumn night was slightly piercing on my skin as I walked briskly for 10 minutes towards my eventual sleeping grounds.  Yes, I'm heading back to Siloam Sauna.  Although it was already 1am+, I was immediately refreshed after a communal bath.

I went up to the top level and found myself on familiar grounds as I tucked myself in one of the many red clay caves for the night.  Of course, ear plugs and eye mask are essentials. 




No comments: