Thursday, October 01, 2015

Seoul Day 3 : 16 Sep 2015 (Myeongdong)

I woke up feeling drowsy, probably my slight hang over from the night before.  Even the morning baths could barely wake me up!!

Today was essentially a shopping day.  I headed directly towards Myeongdong station, which is the shopping haven in Seoul!  This was not my first visit to the famous enclave, but it still amazed me.  It was a weekday morning and still it was packed with throngs of people.  Amongst the stores, I reckon around 50% were selling cosmetic!






I probably spent around KRW 300,000 in Myeongdong before lugging my purchases back to Hilton Millennium Seoul for my checkin.  

my very heavy purchases
Hilton is located near to Seoul Station, which was convenient.  However, it is located on a hill, which made commuting a bit of a cardio workout, especially when you are lugging items along.  

Hilton on the hills.......
The first thing I did upon entering my room was to start clearing my work emails.  And boy it took me 4 hours to do that!  Tired and not wanting to walk too much, I headed down for an after work swim in the pool.  It was a nice indoor heated pool and I probably swam 300m.  Not too shabby for someone who has not swam for a super long time!
my work station

After my swim, it was dining at Il Ponte, the hotel's Italian restaurant.  I had the Salmon special course which set me back KRW 100,000!!! But the food was great, and the ambience to boot.


After dinner it was back to room for a nice hot bath before turning in.. The room was nice, but the pillows too soft.  The room was not entirely sound proof and I could even hear the traffic outside!  What a shame considering its Hilton. 

















No comments: