Friday, October 09, 2015

Tokyo Day 7 : 30 Sep 2015 (Haneda Airport)

I woke up late today after a late night and tried another breakfast restaurant.  This was a massive restaurant and I kinda regretted not waking up earlier to sample all they have!  

 
After breakfast, I returned home to pack and work a bit before meeting my colleagues again for lunch at nearby Shinagawa.  Called Akita Blsaikan, it served up delicious local delicacies from the Akita city up north of Honshu island.  Still full from a late breakfast, I ordered the cold udon instead.  It was a huge portion, but it was so silky smooth I gobbled up the entire set!  Yet another new taste to remember by!  My colleagues gifted me some local sweets as well, even explained to me the 'stories' behind each boxes!!!

gifts from colleagues
gifts from colleagues
Rushing back to hotel, I still managed one last soak in the tub with instant onsen powder before heading via the train to Haneda Airport.
MAN BATH!! (there is a female version)

I was early, and very tired when I arrived.  I first checked in my luggages and boy was I surprised with the 30.8kg load!  The 2 bottles of alcohol must have contributed much of the weight!

 
This was my 2nd time at Haneda Airport, but my first time exploring it.  At the departure checkin area, the place was spruced up in autumn leaves.  There was a Edo styled 'street' selling Japanese food and items, very nicely done to remind people what Japan looks and feels like!

 
I even went out to the viewing gallery to view the landing and taking off of planes!  It was there I realized how close to Tokyo city the airport was!  I could see the entire city skyline from the viewing gallery, even the Tokyo Skytree and Tokyo Tower!

Tokyo skyline in a distance
The plane departed 20 minutes late but still managed to arrive 20 minutes earlier!  That's the Singapore Airlines spirit, always trying to arrive earlier even if it means burning up more fuel.  Still, I reached home after midnight, feeling dead tired.

SIA Dinner On Board
I'm starting to appreciate Japan now, given that I missed out this opportunity back in Feb 2015.  It's a country that is so deeply steeped in culture, yet so innovative at the same time.  I'm missing the food and the environment, and I can't wait for the next 6 months to swiftly pass for my 9 nights holiday back in Japan again!!!









No comments: