Friday, October 09, 2015

Tokyo Day 5 : 28 Sep 2015

Today is work day in Tokyo.  Early morning after in-hotel breakfast, I rushed to my office nearby to complete some urgent last minute financial calculations with my local colleagues.  Thereafter, it was another mad rush for the train up north to Saitama for some site inspections.

Korean lunch in Saitama
After the site inspections in Saitama, I went to Tokyo CBD at Tokyo Station to visit a consultant.  Their office is that of envy.  With a pantry that rivals Starbucks, and a bird's eye view of the Imperial Palace, it's almost Google!

Imperial Palace view
Consultant's pantry
Dinner was a team event with my 2 local colleagues at Hibiki.  Yes, Hibiki is not only whiskey, they've opened a restaurant as well, serving up nice local dishes.  Of course, sake was the poison of the day.  Nope, no Hibiki on the table (I can enjoy that at home with my bottle purchase).  It was pretty standard Japanese affair of broiled octopus, sashimi, and braised potato etc.  The highlight was actually something I insisted on ordering. Uni with rice.  Sounds normal? Not so.  Here, seaweed is mixed in with fresh uni into steaming hot rice.  You eat it hot and it tasted wonderfully creamy!  Even my local colleagues were trying it for the first time and we're all in awe of this dish!
me and my Japanese team

It was a hop away from hotel and I had a good sleep with the wonderful food digesting... Yum!







No comments: