Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Surabaya Business Trip Day 2

The day started with a cool shower.  Apparently Surabaya was in heat for a long time, but rained on both days I was here.  I supposed I brought some 'luck' over. 

drizzling city


As my Marriott package excluded breakfast, I had breakfast in bed instead.  The presentation was great! But the nasi goreng was too salty and the satay too sweet.  Still, it was a hearty breakfast. 

Caught up with my stakeholders at the lobby and headed for the factory for the last 2 rounds of consultants interview.  Lunch was a simple nasi goreng with egg (yes, again. Had I known I would probably ordered something else for breakfast).  Then it was an hour's drive back to hotel.  The drive was testing my limits of motion sickness due to the very severe traffic congestions!

breakfast in bed


Once back, I rushed off to a nearby mall to get some local stuff (if not I would never had any chance of spending any of my changed Rp)!  Returned room with 50 min to spare, I quickly changed into my swim shorts for a quick dip.  The weather was suddenly overwhelmingly hot and I relished in the cool waters under swaying trees.  
my simple lunch at the Factory


SOGO mall
The 5 min dip was followed by a quick shower and immediate check out for my ride to airport.  JW Marriott even gifted me with 2 freshly baked breads! Too bad the famous durian bread is out of stock. As an added touch of great service, they gave me a clothed bag for easy carrying of my local purchases (which are packed in plastic bag). They claimed their bag will allow me to travel with more ease. How thoughtful of them!

chilled off

free range pool


Another 45 min of nausea inducing ride and I returned to the terminal I had just visited a day before.  The whole customs process was a breeze, completely different from a day earlier.  Everyone was relaxed and smiling this time.


Finally boarding time, my first SilkAir flight in probably 10 years.  The seat config is the same 3-3, looking like a budget carrier, but with more legroom and adjustable headrest. Food wise, it was only so-so.  Perhaps I still had the motion sickness, but the taste was simply not very appealing to me. 

Well, it was a short 2hr flight, nothing much to complain about.  I was so tired I doze almost immed when I hit the bed.. Business trips, always so tiring... 











boarding pass

snack prior to flight


SilkAir meal

No comments: