Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Beauty & the Beast, and SEA Aquarium @ RWS

The month of May 2015 saw me attending my first musical in at least 2 years.  Beauty and the Beast was almost a last minute decision, and it did not disappoint.  I got the seat right in the center that afforded me with a great view.  It was a little far, around 20 rows from the stage, but it was clear enough not to turn my head to capture the scene.


Back in 1992, I remember my mum taking us via the not so sophisticated MRT system all the way to Singapore's first ever multiplex at Yishun 10.  I was awed by the opening scene and thoroughly enjoyed the whole movie.  The engaging storyline, the sing to the beat songs, and memorable characters made it one of the best animated movies I've ever watched.  (it's Oscar Best Picture nomination was definitely no fluke!)

But before the musical, I had a scumptious dinner at Pikee & Co.  Yes, that is the new name of CF's in-home cafe.

Baked potato in duck fat



best chocolate lava cake!!


The movie version had only 6 songs (Belle, Gaston, Be Our Guest, Something There, Beauty and the Beast, and Mob Song).  The Musical version, however, had over 20 tracks!!  No wonder it can stretch to 2.5 hours!!




The audiences must have been B&B fans.  Almost everyone joined in the singing of the familiar songs, and the crowd favorite was Be Our Guest!  Well, it is still the perennial favorite at Chinese wedding banquets ;)  All in all, a show worth catching with lotsa unexpected comedic moments!!


A few week later, I returned to the SEA Aquarium, the largest aquarium in the world!!  It had been 1 year since I was last there, and the crowd seemed to have grown together with the size of the fishes!  I visited the Typhoon Theatre for the very first time and was splashed with 'storm' water before 'sinking' down to the bottom of the sea. 





Even though I have been to aquariums several times before, I surprised myself with this latest visit as 3 hours just vanished by my amazement of the aquatic friends.  I guess human's fascination of the deep blue is never ceasing.


No comments: