Monday, May 11, 2015

Backdating Korea March 2014, Day 6 (Bukchon Hanok Village, Myeongdong)

(Backdating my first ever solo Korean trip from 22 Mar to 29 Mar 2014)

Day 6:

Had an early sleep the night before and woke up naturally without the aid of any alarm. Slept a total of 9hrs! All the exhaustion from the hike and restless sleep in Busan plus the full day cycling in Gyeongju really required many hours of catching up! Plus, my only private room in my trip was a refreshing change and I got the peace and quiet I needed.


Last minute packing saw my 2 bottles of Busan rice wine leaking into my luggage! Gosh! That means there are no ways for me to bring them back home via the flight! Luckily, each bottle cost only 1,300Won. Had to donate to Sa Rang Chae's fridge. 

One last walk about in Gyeongju as I tried to find the bus that will take me to Singyeongju KTX station.  My Cashbee card failed to work and I scrambled to ask the bus fare. I was lucky enough to bump into a fellow Singaporean boarding the same bus, who advised me on the 1,200Won fare. What are the odds? Gyeongju is so small and I found a Singaporean who married to a Korean and living within Gyeongju!



Upon reaching Singyeongju Station, I purchased my 43,500Won ticket to Seoul. Kinda costly. I reckon I've spent around SGD 150 on train rides!

Finally reach Seoul Station, the place where I started my Korean solo adventure! Since half a day is gone, I visited Bukchon Hanok Village at Anguk station. Nice quaint place with lotsa traditional Korean residential buildings.









After my 2hrs walk in Bukchon, I went to sample the famous Two Two Fried Chicken at Myeongdong. A plate of whole spring chicken cost 17,000Won or around SGD 21! Rather expensive chicken. The taste was nice but not as spectacular as how everyone has been praising.





After dinner, a walk through Myeongdong's bustling night street. So many tourists from China! Then headed back to Siloam Sauna for the night. This time, I tried the -20 degrees cold room! It was invigorating!

bustling Myeongdong


I am IceMan!!!

heated salt bury

rows of cave bunker

my personal clay cave


No comments: