Monday, May 11, 2015

Backdating Korea March 2014, Day 4 (Jagalchi Fish Market, Haedong Yonggungsa Temple, Haeundae Spa)

(Backdating my first ever solo Korean trip from 22 Mar to 29 Mar 2014)

Day 4:

Another lazy wake up with noises everywhere. Wasn't a 100% sleep as I lost my eye mask and ear plugs. But the morning view was great with the panoramic view of the haeundae beach!

After an hour of morning spa, I headed for Jagalchi Market for the freshest seafood. It was a whole street of hawkers selling seafood from the ships jus beside the harbor. Seafood some of which I do not know what they were! I finally found the Jagalchi Fish Market building and went in for the 'kill' I was famished after the walk and didn't have breakfast. Ordered 3 dishes: raw squid, raw abalone and raw flat white. This cost me 60,000Won! The last time I had such expensive meal was with KK and JH for steamboat (not very worth it btw). I though I was going to have only 3 plates plus the standard Korean side dishes. However, they threw in a Korean pancake and grilled whole fish! I was stuffed to my limited as I grappled with 1/4 of the fish while trying to finish all my order. I could only tackle perhaps 1/10 of the pancake when they started serving my kimchi soup (good for 3 pax!) I had to politely decline the soup.



















Feeling so stuffed for the first time in this trip, I felt confident the food will last me till dinner. I took a bus to Haedong Yonggungsa Temple and while walking towards the main gate, my tummy growled again! Had an interesting local fried dough before exploring this seaside temple. Like many Korean historical sites, this wasn't the original version as it was destroyed many years ago during the Japanese invasion.  Still, it was a nice walk with great uninterrupted seaviews.  As the skies turned grey, I hurried toward the bus stop, in time before the pour began.





At Haeundae station where I alighted, I finally had KFC in Korea! (I'll try to find a local fried chicken since it was greatly recommended). The KFC was nice and moist, but I still preferred the London version.



After a walk along the famous Haeundae beach in a drizzle, I finally 'check-in' Haeundae Spa Jimjilbang. Expansive complex with more updated facilities than Vesta Spa. Staff only slightly more polite.  And no English signs again.



No comments: