Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Bangkok Day 1: 5 Aug 2015

A mad rush from work on a Wednesday afternoon back home and toward the airport to catch my 8.40pm flight to the Land of Smiles.  Yes, this will be my 2nd visit to Bangkok!  The Airasia FD 350 flight was packed to the brim, and with a 20 min delay, finally took off into the dark skies.


After a bumpy turbulence filled ride, it was touched down at the Don Mueng Airport.  This was the original international airport and was surprisingly speedy in terms of custom clearance!

It was also a good thing I managed to buy the last local SIM card on board, which helped me avoided a long wait at the airport to activate the card!  However, queuing was not to be avoided at the all too familiar taxi line.. This time, it was also surprisingly smooth!  

The ride from Don Mueng to my accommodation took around 40 min due to the traffic congestion.  This was my first AirBNB experience in Thailand, and the one bedroom apartment was basic but pleasant. It had unblocked views of the city and is walking distance to Nana BTS.  Along the street was dotted with several bars and restaurants which seemed to favor more the western clienteles.



view from my balcony
With a flu and paracetamol pill, I managed to enjoy one of the best sleeps of this year!!!




No comments: