Thursday, August 13, 2015

Bangkok Day 3: 7 Aug 2015

It was a very lazy wake up today before heading for brunch at Terminal 21.  Probably the worst fried rice I've ever tasted at the food court.  The fish maw soup was overly starchy as well!

breakfast drink in bed
horrible and starchy fish maw soup
mushy fried rice
And such a coincidence bumping into my friends Steven and Liza!  We had a drinks cum dessert chat before parting ways.

dessert time with mango rice and ice cream brownie
Next up, Yumonori Spa!  This establishment offers a unique Japanese onsen experience with 6 different pools, a sauna and steam room.  What a great way to chill for an hour prior to my 2hours scrub and massage session!
Ohayo! being Japanese in Bangkok

After the spa, it was across the road to K Village for a Japanese steamboat dinner.  Nothing to shout about with slightly below average food quality.
 

 
 
 
Then it was a 20 min walk to Phrom Pom BTS.  And what a surprise when I entered the BTS cabin!  I bumped into my secondary school friend Kenny!  It was a brief 'oh what a small world chat' before I alighted and headed back to end the day. 

sneaky shot of Kenny :)









No comments: