Thursday, August 13, 2015

Bangkok Day 5: 9 Aug 2015

A very late wake up today. In honor of Singapore's 50th Jubilee Celebrations, I was in red and white attire. 

First stop was Ari BTS La Villa Shopping Mall where I had my lunch.  Yes, breakfast was skipped as I woke up THAT late!!! 

mushroom pasta with truffle oil
fried tomyum rice
holick drink
Massage this time was at Body Treat, and finding it was almost a nightmare!!!  I spent 45 min walking around the vicinity, asking people around who gave all the wrong directions.  Even the web provided 3 different locations!! But finally, it was found and boy was the massage relaxing that I slept!  I can't remember the last time I dozed off during a massage!  The 2 hours scrub cum oil massage was soothing, with great skills applied at all times.

After the massage, it was a motorbike ride back to Ari BTS.  My first ever motorbike taxi experience (I last took a motorbike when I was probably just 2-3 years old) was exhilarating and anxious both my hands were firmly grabbing the rider's shoulders! 

The short 10 min ride ended and one stop from the Ari BTS I arrived to meet Tour again for some great local satay.  The pork satay was simply chunks of meat marinated in yellow sauce and BBQ over charcoal flames.  The taste was as good as the last time I've tried them back in Feb 2015, although some were not fully cooked through.

It was then a taxi ride to the dinner main course at Mangkron Seafood.  This newly opened street side establishment features an open concept with an array of food in the middle for you to grab.  Yes, it is a buffet, a BBQ buffet that allows you to cook over burning charcoal!  Just take a look at the array in the photos!











No comments: