Thursday, August 13, 2015

Bangkok Day 6: 10 Aug 2015

The last full day was, essentially, a day of shopping and buying all the essentials.  And the first stop was the Singapore favorite: Platinum Mall.  This mall has 6 floors of shops selling clothes and accessories at wholesale prices!  But before that, it was a sampling of local chicken rice nearby.  I still could not adapt to the bland taste of the local version compared to the SG version. 

local chicken rice and bitter gourd soup
 
shop front
The immediate target was of course Level 4, which was the men's department.  After 1.5 hours and a few bags of merchandise, it was straight to nearby BIG C Supermarket to stock up grocery and souvenirs.  And of course my last chance to buy the local durian.  This time I got the Montong which I didn't on my first day.  It was so soft, creamy and sweet!  And Chilled!! Nothing better than this to beat the Hot Hot day!!

It was then back to the apartment to off load all the shopping before going out for the last round of massage near Phra Ram 9 MRT.  The best scrub ever, although I got a small cut due to the excessive scrubbing strength.

After massage was a pre dinner snack at a nearby shack selling delicious fried chicken that was infused with lotsa herbs and spices!

a variety of chicken parts to choose from
super yummy!
Dinner was at Tub Tim Seafood Restaurant in the Silom area.  I had my first every curry crab, which unfortunately didn't taste any curry at all.  It's more a tomato scrambled eggs crab instead.  However, the other dishes were fantastic!  The stir fry bitter gourd tip was nicely cooked, crunchy and fresh, while the clear Tom Yum had the right levels of sour and spice.  The fried fish was crispy yet tender.

 
stir fry bitter gourd tip, my favourite veg in BKK
clear tom yum soup
garlic fried fish
yellow curry crab
After dinner, it was another round of shopping at Booths to stock up on dailies such as shaving creams and medicines etc. and one last stop at Tops Supermarket at Siam Centre for some crispy pork skin before heading back to pack my luggage.  And of course, to sink my teeth into the soft and creamy Montong durian!!!
my creamy yellow Montong











No comments: