Saturday, April 12, 2008

Europa Adventura 3

5 days of conference from Monday to Friday saw me meeting my global colleagues for the very 1st time: 1 from Beijing, 2 from USA, and 1 from Finland.  Very friendly people with lotsa experience for me to absorb and learn from.

Experiencing my 1st business trip since my days with Stamford Tyres required some adjustments.  For one, I have to adjust to the fact that I can eat whatever I want for all the meals.. haha.  Well, that's really not too difficult to adjust to.  Since lunches were settled mostly at Nokia's premises, dinners were the events that I look forward to daily.

1st dinner on Sunday was a hotel restaurant affair, followed by Italian the next day.  3rd night was Thai, as requested by my American colleague.  It was surprisingly nice considering it was in Helsinki.  4th night was the star as I sampled Finnish cruisine.  I had reindeer meat, which is really popular in Finland.  It tasted like beef marinated in butter, and it almost melted in my mouth.  My reindeer 3 course meal cost me around EUR 50.  It sure does sounds alot in SGD terms (SGD110).  Thursday was free and easy with Italian dinner.




The 5th night saw me consuming the costliest dinner I've had so far in SGD terms.  We went to a Michellin star restaurant and I had EUR69 dinner set accompanied by champage.  My total bill came to SGD170!!









During the 1 week meeting, I've also visited this quint little town of Salo and Nokia's phone factory.  Didn't buy any mobile phones, but I got a huge bag of chocolates costing me a fortune.

From a luggage of 18kg, I've increased to 22kg for my flight to London in the early morning of Saturday.  It was a great week in Helsinki with lotsa great food and snow scape.


No comments: