Wednesday, January 20, 2016

Bangkok Day 4 - 18 Jan 2016

A very early wake up today for work of course.  I was up and ready to be picked up at 7.45am!!!!  The journey to the factory at Bangpoo Industrial was surprisingly smooth and I had a good conversation with my 2 colleagues.  After an hour's journey, I finally arrived at Bangpoo Industrial.  Philips Lights has been occupying this plot for many years and now it's time to appoint a broker to help dispose this site.

Lunch was a very simple affair at the factory's canteen.  

Due to the schedule of my stakeholder, what was supposed to be a 3/4 days' work became a full day stay at the industrial site.  I ended up returning to my hotel at around 6.30 pm instead.  After a very brief rest and a change of clothes, I brisk-walked over to nearby Emporium.  The newly constructed and refurbished mall is huge and spreader over two sides of the Phrom Phong BTS station.  I headed directly to the restaurant section in EMQuartier and was confronted by a spiral of restaurants over 3 floors!  This was an interesting walk to shop for your choice of dining.

I eventually settled at White Story and ordered a Honey Lemon soda drink which was immediately refreshing.  The pumpkin soup was decent but the side bread took all the shine away as it was warm and toasty, enhanced by the light creamy butter!  The main course definitely was a show off, the size of the ribs was ginormous!  I was surprised I almost finished it off!

After a very filling dinner, it was a nice stroll back to the hotel.  Stopping by at Boots to grab some items before heading to the hotel's pool side cafe, Zeta Cafe, where I claimed my complimentary drink.  It was my first Chivas Regal, and the atmosphere was nice with the soft glows of the lights reflected over the calm pool and towering buildings surrounding around.  And yes, I was so ready for bed after the drink. 












No comments: