Wednesday, January 20, 2016

Bangkok Day 1 - 15 Jan 2016

Seems like pretty much these days that I have to had a mad rush from work to home to airport for most of my trips.  What to do when the flight is in the late evening?



I arrived at the airport in time for checking in plus a quick bite and buying some duty free items.  After getting a gift for my Thai friend, I arrived at the departure gate for my first business trip of the year.  This was my first Thai Airways flight since 2005 when I flew to Nepal.  Although it was a short 2.5 hours flight, I was still anticipating the wonderful memories I had when I flew with the airline many years ago (even though it has fell several rungs down the ranking list since).  I can never forget my first Thai flight back in 1992 where they served me medium steak for my flight to Bangkok!!  This time, though, the food fell short as I was greeted with fishy smelling fillet and rice.  


I touched down in Bangkok's Suvarnabhumi Airport at late hour, feeling so sleepy.  I was starting to dread the long queues at the immigration, luggage pick up and taxi stand, something that is becoming synonymous with the airport.  Luckily that did not happen.  Instead, the queues were short and the baggage came quickly!  The only downside was the super long walk to the immigration. 

I finally arrived at Courtyard Marriott after a 35 minutes taxi ride.  This is the 'budget' brand of the Mariott conglomerate but it was still a decent 3-4 star quality hotel with smaller room.  I had a very quick shower and immediately headed to bed after midnight, feeling so drained from a full day before.  








No comments: