Wednesday, January 20, 2016

Bangkok Day 2 - 16 Jan 2016

 I had arrived on Friday night so as to spend the full weekend in Bangkok.  It's a city you will not get tired off, although this was probably my first time traveling solo here.  Well, lucky I've got a local Thai friend, Tour, to accompany me today.

A lazy wake up morning in the cushy bed, I was up, showered and ready for my day's adventure, wherever Tour will be taking me to!

First up, it was a quick bite stop at MBK.  I had the usual shark soup to warm my tummy before taking my first ever public bus journey in Bangkok!

Hot claypot coup!
I arrived at Chinatown's Sampeng Market.  This was my first visit to the bustling market even though I've been to Chinatown numerous times before!  The crowd practically clogged the streets and you really need to slowly navigate in order to move ahead.  Even so, there was a sense of orderly around.  There was a variety of shops selling various stuff, but less touristy as Chatuchuk Market.  The prices here were also competitive as they slashed it to very low rates!  The only grim I had was the journey there, otherwise it would be the perfect bargain market to visit!

first public bus ride in Bangkok

After satisfying the shopping cravings, it was a taxi ride to Body Treat for a full scrub and oil massage.  I was here back in August 2015, and this time, the session was just as relaxing.  

Dinner is something I've not tried before at a local favorite joint P All.  This is located near to Ratchathewi BTS at exit 3, walk with the flow of the traffic, turn left at the first junction, at the end of the road ramp, cross the road and into the small road alley Soi 7.  You will notice a lot of shops selling Islamic stuff.  Turn left upon hitting The Brother Suite and walk for 3 minutes and you will arrive at the shop. The restaurant closed every Monday, and there was already a queue even though we were early!  

entrance of P-All
The star of the show definitely belonged to the lobster noodles.  The 5 treasure noodles contained, needless to say, there were 5 main ingredients: Lobster, salmon, mussels, stuffed crab, and stuffed squid.  I ordered the standard B 699 version, which was big enough for my tummy.  Actually, it was meant for 2 pax, just nice for Tour and me to share.  Although the star was the lobster, the tomyum broth was so yummy it made the glass noodles to tasty. 

5 Treasure Noodles
Add caption
After dinner, it was a stroll around Bangkok city before heading back to rest my head for the day. 







No comments: