Tuesday, July 07, 2015

Jakarta Business Trip 24-25 June 2015

Day 1:

My next Indonesian business trip exactly one month from Surabaya.  This time, I'm flying via Garuda Indonesia, the national carrier of Indonesia.  It was not my choice airline, but given the price at SGD 194 return versus SIA's $841, it was a no brainer. 

The flight was nice, it felt better than SilkAir with its touch screen TV and warm services by the attendants.


The whole experience at the Jakarta airport was totally different from that of Surabaya's, even though it's an older terminal.  Every time was smooth, and I managed to reach my meeting location within an hour from touchdown!  My consultant was pleasantly surprised by the speed of things and called it a 'miracle'!


However, I was soon greeted by the reality of true blue Jakarta congestion on my way to the hotel.. A relatively short distance took an hour to reach!! It didn't help when my tummy was already grumbling... 


At last, I've reached Ritz Carlton!  My first Ritzy experience and I was awed! In-room check in service was excellent! And the size of the room, the bathroom was 2/3 the size of my bedroom, the bedroom area the size of my living room, and it even has its own walkin wardrobe!! 




For dinner, I walked to nearby Loewy as recommended by my friend, Monica. The open concept atmosphere is addictive, especially with soft music and a combination of a/c and natural breeze.  First up, my poison of the day, S. Pellet rink sparkling water! Hahaha, I couldn't take any alcohol since its Ramadan period and they only serve after 8pm.  But it was a great choice to wash away the heat!

The lobster bisque was delightful, with a dollop of sour cream by the side.  The grilled prawn salad contained my favorite water cress and shiitake mushrooms, but was way too salty.  The main course of grilled salmon was, however, fantastic!!




Day 2:

Day 2 was an almost lazy wake up. The bed was comfy and I didn't wanna get outta room!

After a relatively quick breakfast, I hoped into a cab and headed straight for my Jakarta office for my 2/3 day meeting session.

Lunch was a pleasant surprise at Soeryo Café & Steak .  The fillet mignon was superbly done, paired with a mock tail Mojito.

Then it was time to fly back, and the customs was surprisingly smooth again! 











No comments: