Sunday, May 27, 2007

ubin-ubin

This weekend, I went to the illdyic island of Pulau Ubin, located on the north eastern shores of Singapore. It was an outing planned several weeks in advance, for the celebration of my good fren(PF)'s 26th birthday.










All of us (basically the Yuppies Gang consisting of KK, PF, CF, WS, JH and VVN) gathered at the Marina Country Club on the outskirts of Ponggol. It has been years since I last visited the resort in Ubin, and perhaps also the same number of years since I stepped foot onto the shores of Ubin. Naturally, I was excited. I had planned for the whole event, including preparing for the steamboat food (which my mum helped a great deal since I usu return home rather late). Big bags of food and several bottles of mineral water, soft drinks and alcohols were carried on board the ferry which brought us to our resort in ard 25 min.











The clear blue skies and warm weather greeted us in the most welcoming manner possible. We got our keys from the counter and began unpacking our stuff for the lunch time steamboat in our poolside chalet. The lunch was simplu filling, and I reckon around 30% of the food was left over in the fridge.


The cake cutting session followed nex, with the delighted birthday girl (PF) opening up each presents. I gave her a necklace. After opening the presents, we went for a breezy biking tour of the island. Thankfully it drizzled a bit before-hand on an otherwise hot day.


Just before the end of the day, JH and VVn had to leave for the mainland, leaving the 5 of us taking turns to play majong. It's been a few months since I last touched a tile, and I must confess that I'm still in my losing streak.. In fact, all of us were, all except WS who won in total of $150 from everyone of us. Haiz.. Guess it's really a matter of who is lucky that day.


The next morning, we woke up feeling refreshed, well at least I did. We took the ferry out of Ubin. At that point of time, I was feeling kinda down. It's been quite a wild month so far for me, with almost all weekend occupied with something exciting. However, June is rather empty for now.. haha.. Can't always have fun I guess.

A new discovery: I didnt experience any motion sickness while on the ferry to and from Bintan the week before. I didnt had tat again to and from Ubin.. Does it mean my motion sickness has been cured? Hopefully so.

1 comment:

Solvil said...

Are we 26 or 27 this year?