Sunday, May 06, 2007

bye bye bangkok (more pics soon)

The last day of our trip, and we finally forced ourselves to wake up for the breakfast, which was seriously rather disappointing as compared to my last trip last year. Then, I had this great spread of variety. This hotel only offered standard American Breakfast, which I didnt really eat much. KK, on the other hand, relished the pastry and eggs.

A sleepy look on the last morning of the trip

The rain had continued from the previous night to this morning. However, it didnt diminish our shopping spirit at all. We rushed out to MBK once again where I got myself a surf short, another singlet, and lotsa food goodies!. Kk got even more stuff, and had to pack all his goodies into a box for checkin purposes.

Lunch was a hurried affair, with local KFC, MacNuggets, and stir-fry instant noodles local style. Turned out these sinful indulgence proved to be mind-blowingly filling as well! And since we were almost late for our flight, we left our room in an utter mess. Bet the poor cleaner will be cursing when he saw the havoc we'd created.


Super Messy Room with left-overs of our lunch and many bags

Enjoying our Complimentary drinks just before we left for the Airport

Upon checkin out, we did an assessment of our luggages. We each came with only 1 bag, but there were 4 bags plus a box on the trolley. With that, we left for the airport for out SIA flight home.
Silly faces at the check-in counter
Our boarding gate back home... sob sob, end of my holiday
View of the Sky Lounge at the departure area of Bangkok's airport
We had each spent at least $600 excluding hotel and air ticket in Bangkok. That was an astronomical figure by any sense for me. Perhaps it was the last minute nature of the trip which saw me spending and spending without much planning. But overall, it was an fun and exciting trip. Hopefully, I'll get to enjoy another short trip soon. Hey, I will be 2 weeks later with my colleagues to Bintan for 1 night's stay!!. Hurray!

No comments: