Sunday, May 13, 2007

Green Forest Cake

This month's special: Green Forest Cake. It's made up of pandan sponge cake with avocado fresh cream. Sounds easy to make? Well, this was the 1st time making pandan cake for me. The last time I dealt with avocado cream was in dry dry and cool cool Brisbane.. Now have to work with the hot and humid Singapore climate. As such, more fresh cream was added to the avocado cream to make it firmer.

The decorations' a bit old fashion.. I've made at least 20 of the cream flowers before the ones u see here below in orange cream. The split-level and tear-drop shape are also a 1st for me. And the day being Mother's Day, 1 of the cake was dedicated to my mum.

The round cake was shared amongst my colleagues, which hopefully provided a refreshing change from the current hot spell.

No comments: