Sunday, April 09, 2017

Melbourne Day 7 : 25 November 2016

I woke up early for my 1215hrs flight back home, but received an SMS that it was delayed to 1415hrs instead.  Great!  I had time for a quick cornflakes and fresh avocado breakfast before heading to Queen Victoria Market to soak in the morning market sights.

really missing the very fresh avocados!


It was early on a Friday morning, and the market was visibility not crowded.  However, all stalls were opened and you can see all the freshest produces on display.  It was too bad I went out of space on my luggages, otherwise I would have bought some produces home!






When I got back to my apartment, ready to zip up my heavy luggage, another SMS came to inform further delay till 1615hrs.  Oh well, since I was already done, I checked out of the apartment and slowly made my way to Southern Cross station for the airport bus.  It wasn't easy pulling one huge and heavy luggage, with a duffle bag, a bag pack and another large paper bag.  

The journey to the airport was smooth.  Once arriving at the airport, I found myself an empty counter to weigh my check in and it was 27kg!  I had to remove the excess 2kg (this was Scoot and I didn't wanna get slapped with excess luggage weight).  And so, I ended with a very bloated duffle bag weighing 5kg and a packed to the brim bag pack weighing 3kg, plus a large paper bag.  I must looked really crazy with so many handcarrys (luckily not stopped by the airline).

The flight was further delayed by another hour eventually and took off at 1750hrs.  However, it was a surprised to be offered a lunch voucher (to be consumed at the airport), and a $50 travel voucher (for delays more than 4 hours) from a budget airline!  But I was dead tired when I eventually arrived at Singapore Changi Airport around 11pm.  Well, I've got motivation to take Scoot again in the coming months now!

No comments: