Wednesday, December 05, 2007

adjustments


sunset from lift lobby at 29th floor

My 1st week of work at my new company.. Well, it's more of my 3rd day. So far, it's still rather mandane.. have been reading and reading off the PC screen non stop basically. Being the only junior position amongst a team of all managerial and above ranks felt weird. It's almost like I'm working without a companion. But thankfully all the managers are really friendly. Well, the mandane period wont be for long. Cos seems like this is the only low period of the entire year. Colleagues are very friendly, but they dont seem to have lunch gatherings like what i had in CKS though.. Miss those gossip gatherings where we talked more than we eat. haha..


Adjusting to a new environment, and adjust to a brand new system of online chatting as well. I'm officially bidding MSN farewell for now. My new firm dont allow msn, they use skype. So do prompt me for my skype account.

4th day since I opened the big white box and unveiled my 24' iMac. Super slim, super big, and super clear. The boz was so huge I tot i was a walking advertisement for Apple when I lugged it amongst the crowds at SITEX. A good 18.5kg with tough plastic handles caused the skin in my hands to start peeling a day after though.. But it was all worth it. The slimest keyboard, the coolest and most user frenly power mouse, and of cos, the widest screen in my family. (Well, the 2nd biggest, the biggest being the TV in the hall) One thing though, it's a mac, so I'm still quite blur with how to use it, even though it seems that every magazines and newspapers praised its user frenly interface.. Still lost now, and using only the basics.. Well, I dont really use the other functions that much, but I need to figure out the Garage Band to record my demos... Oh, that reminds me, still have to buy the mic and mic stand for recording. Oh dear.. super broke liao.

No comments: