Monday, April 09, 2007

pulut hitam cake

Over the Good Friday weekend, I created another new exotic flavour: Pulut Hitam Cake. Basically, it's black glutinous rice with coconut cream mousse sandwiched with dense chocolate walnut cake.

Some of my friends got a chance to try this new creation, but unfortunately, the hot sun melted the cream before the cake was even visible to them. As such, the taste flater. Well, they still gave me their fair share of comments: that is was innovative and actually tasted not too bad.. jus that I shd use a lighter and fufflier sponge cake..

Nonetheless, I brought my other cake to the office today. I was surprised that my boss came over to praise the taste of the cake (as well as some colleagues). It's not an easy cake by any standards cos not many ppl can accept coconut cream and pulut itam.. but well, it still tasted like a cake in the end, so kinda successful in some way bah.. haha





1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Its actually bubur pulut hitam.