Monday, September 25, 2006

dont mess around with me

My last Monday with my current company. I'm still training my replacement. Everything seems to go on smoothly until I had to make a call to this Sri Lankan client. You see, this particular client has placed his order with us since 2 months ago, but has yet to fully paid up his advance. Due to this, we had to postpone his shipment last week to next month. He is supposed to have another shipment this week, but he hasnt paid up his advance as well for it. So after 2 weeks of constant pestering on a daily basis, I called him to inform him that he is required to fax to us his TT receipt by today before we allow shipment. 2 hours passed, and still no fax. I gave him the ultimum after consulting with my boss. I called him again to inform him that his initial advance will be forfeited and his shipments will be diverted to out other clients if we do not received his fax in the next 10 minutes. With that, he gave me the rudest remark any client has ever given to me: You are a mother fucker!

Before I can utter a word, he slammed his phone. Well, sometimes you really can't do much with uncivilised people. Even though I felt insulted, I'm glad that I got back in my own ways by forfeiting his over USD 10k advance with us(of course with my HOD's approval). Whoever says Sir Lanka is a nice and friendly place? When it comes to business, even the meekest person becomes a barbarian.

No comments: