Sunday, February 23, 2014

Flying to London

2014 saw me starting off visiting the city of London.  This was my 2nd visit, the last being 2008 where I explored this magnificent city over 3 days.  This time round, though, it was for business.  And what style it was to travel by SIA's latest 1st class offering.  Naturally excited as this was my first 1st class experience, even though a huge part of me did not want to take this trip due to existing work commitments.  Because it was a 13hour flight, I had at least 2 meal servings, the breakfast having one of the best Prok Ribs Soup I've ever had, and a very filling 5 course lunch:




Upon arrival and checking into Holiday Inn Kensington, we headed out to one of London's landmark: Harold's.  I've been there before but it was during daytime.  At night, the building sparkled with thousands of light bud, lending the London skyline a soft and warm glow.  It was only during this trip that I discovered there was actually a memorial at the basement honouring Princess Diana and her boyfriend!



Well, the next 2 days saw me visiting sites and involved in meetings.  I had to wear a helmet, vest and safety googles, which made me looked rather plump as I was wearing a trench coat:


After work, I went on to explore a bit of the London night scape along the River Thames before meeting up with my dear friend, Silke for dinner:




It was a delectable dinner session catching up with Silke.  She was still the same spirited person and I was so glad to be able to find time to meet her.  (I got to catch up with her again in Singapore just less than 3 weeks after).

Time to fly back home, and surprisingly, on the exact same plane with the same set of crew!  I had a wonderful time chatting with the cabin crew who were both warm and helpful, even though I was traveling as a staff.  Kudos to SIA's cabin crew for their professionalism!  Oh, I managed to sleep on the comfortable flat bad that was as wide as a single bed, and enjoyed 2 meals, one of which was 6 courses!





No comments: