Sunday, February 23, 2014

2011 Year of Travels (Bangkok, Hua Hin, Kuala Lumpur, Melaka, Bangkok, Hong Kong, Siam Reap, Port Dickson)

It's been over 3 years since I have last updated my blog...  Feels like it's a good time to provide a summary of all my travelings since 2011.  First up, the year 2011.  This year saw me stamping my passport for leisure 11 times, which kinda coincide with the year 2011 as well!

First up, it was Bangkok and Huahin in Jan/Feb:





Next up, it was driving up to KL in March and Melaka in April and again in June for a short getaway.  I supposed 2011 saw me visiting Melaka many times, because in July, I went again with Silke and Tridi.  The July trip saw Silke trying (and loving) durian flesh for the very first time!:




In Aug, I returned to KL for more feasting:






So far so good, very focused on Peninsula Malaysia.  Then came my continuous back-to-back flight schedule.  September saw me returning to the Land of Smiles, Bangkok, for some river experiences:







This was followed closely in mid Oct where I flew to HK for some dim sum:







I took to the skies again in 2 weeks' time to the ancient city of Siam Reap and visited the magnificient Angkor Wat:







With such back-to-back traveling, I had to take a 1.5 months' break before driving off north to KL and Port Dickson for Xmas:





All in all, 2011 was good, with an even mix of flight and road trips.  Visited 3 new cites of Siam Reap, HuaHin and Port Dickson.









No comments: