Sunday, February 23, 2014

2012 Year of Travels (Korea, Kuala Lumpur, Hong Kong, Taipei, Copenhagen, Amsterdam, Bruges)

With 11 trips in 2011, how was 2012 gonna top that? By traveling further I supposed.  I had 9 stamps in my passport with much further destinations this time round.

Kicking off the year was Korea.  My first tour group trip since my JC days and my first ever Korean visit saw me ski-ing for the first time, enjoying the local Jimjilbang, enduring -20 degrees temperature and catching up with my friend Christina over a meal:









After a tiring and fulfilling trip to Korea, I took a short break in KL in February before jetting off to HK again to explore the offshore islands:







I returned to KL for my short (belated) birthday getaway end April:




Had a staycation in JB for one night in June, but won't really count it as a part of my traveling for 2012.  Then came Aug when I flew to Taipei for the 2nd time:











Immediately upon my return, I jetted off to Copenhagen for a business trip, and took time to explore some of her famous landmarks:


September saw me occupied with my travel planning for the following month, which saw me made my first ever European holiday trip to Amsterdam, Bruges and other parts of the Netherlands:







After spending so much on traveling, I had to settle for a less exotic destination for my xmas getaway, driving up to KL:





2012 saw me exploring 4 new (and further) countries: South Korea, Denmark, Belgium and the Netherlands.  Definitely a year of good traveling memories.




No comments: