Friday, March 06, 2009

fortunate traveller me

It just dawned to me that I've actually travelled to so many places even before hitting 30 years old, over 100 various towns and cities world wide!! So fortunate am I that I've even travelled to more Chinese cities than my Chinese friends, and more Indian cities than my Indian friends. I might have even visited more Malaysian cities and towns than my Malaysian friends! I remember once when I was studying in Australia when my local OZ fren told me he's never been to so many places compared to me downunder.

Singaporeans are such frequent flyers that sometimes we don't realise how fortunate we are. Even in times of recession the NATAS fair still is doing so well! We just need to travel to another country!! I guess this addiction is understandable. I'm also one addict myself... based on the targets I set myself last year to visit at least 4 places I've never visited. I've done that with Malacca, London, Helsinki, Espoo and Chiang Mai. This year can't be that ambitious.. maybe 2 unvisited destinations? :P Planning a potential of 4 overseas trips this year.. wosh! sounds a lot.. but mainly short trips... Shall have a big one early next year during CNY? fingers crossed.

No comments: