Tuesday, March 15, 2016

Japan Day 1 - 3 Feb 2016

I need to really think about how to avoid a mad rush after work to the airport.  Finishing my work at 6pm and rushing for a 10.30pm flight was no joke!




I'm returning to the Land of the Rising Sun, only this time it was my first leisure trip!  9 nights of full exposure to all things eccentric and cultural about Japan!  And how better to start than taking Japan's most awarded airline, ANA Nippon Airways!  The interior was a very zen feel and seats were narrow with very intuitive touchscreen on every seats.  The plane departed on time but no dinner was served!  A snack pack of chips and pie was served instead, which was a huge disappointment.  Perhaps I was too pampered by SIA.  Perhaps it was a good thing as I went ahead with my very brief and uncomfortable sleep.  Seat was not as comfortable as I'd imagined.  I managed only light sleep for a couple of hours.  Breakfast was uninspiring as well with rather bland porridge and edible soba.  If this was the standard of a Top 10 airline 2015, I'm worried about my flight to Amsterdam later this month via KLM which is not even in Top 20!!

brand new seats with latest inflight systems on ANA, but still felt cold and unwelcoming
breakfast with cold noodles











No comments: