Friday, July 24, 2009

iras call-up

i received a call from an unfamiliar number yesterday. I picked up the phone and on the other side was a lady saying: 'hi, this is calling from IRAS'. My heart sank. I quickly raced thru my past records in my head: have i paid my tax? Or have i missed out on any declarations?

turns out this lady was responding to my 'recently submitted' resume. 'Are you available for a temp position at IRAS?' she asked. I was stunned! I've not updated my resume since September 2007! It will be a horrific task for me to even try and locate my resume. She claimed that my resume was submitted online in July 2009 for this position. When i told her that is impossible, she laughed in disbelief. I told her that i'm in my current job since 2007, and had not applied for another since.

Her response was, it was an online resume submission, so it will not be possible for those who are not sincere in applying to submit the Word doc. Both of us were bewildered by this. With a laugh, we both hang up our phone.

My colleagues, who by now have guessed what was going on while i was on the phone, told me that it could be someone trying to use my resume to apply for a job.

Or was it a ghost?

No comments: