Tuesday, October 17, 2006

lifestyle

October 2006 is such a huge change for me. First and the most noticeable one will be the start of my current new job. The colleagues in my new department are SUPER FRIENDLY. Seriously, I wasn't expecting such a royal treatment to someone who is so new in the industry. Plus, I'm the fresh sprout in a field of crops that are ripe with experiences. But they provided me with more than guidance: I'm starting to make new friends.

Work wise is a huge change for me as well. It's totally different from my previous job: Different industry and job nature. But since working, any OT doesnt feel OT at all. Maybe I'm still new and eager to learn bah.. Well, no one can predict the future so I might as well enjoy the feelings now..:)

Next up, I've finally joined a gym after so many years of deliberation. The gym has so far worked wonders for me since I joined last week. It must be the more frequent work out plus the use of the sauna and steam room. I feel more energised daily, and I sleep lesser each nite, averaging around 7hrs compared to my previous average of 8.5hrs. In fact, the last 2 nites I've slept only 6.5hrs. No need beauty sleep, you just need to have a great relaxing session at the sauna and steam rooms.

Oh, not forgetting the spa packages I've signed up. I've yet to go for them.. but they have no expiry dates so it's SUPER good for my unpredictable work time table. Oh, and also, I've gained weight finally!! It could be due to my decreasing metabolism rate as I grow older.. but it's the weight I almost wanted, so I dont really mind. Now eating 6 meals each weekday: Breakfast, Teabreak sandwich, Lunch, Teabreak bun, Protein shake, Dinner sandwich, Light Supper. Okok, there are 7 meals in all. Currently standing at 63.3kg with 15.2% body fat, I need to reduce another 4% to achieve that admirable 6 packs.. Well, since I've enrolled in a gym pass now, I might as well work towards that goal. haha.

There you go, my changed lifestyle... maybe after the haze is gone, I'll go swimming and jogging every weekend.

No comments: