Wednesday, May 04, 2016

Japan Day 11 - 13 Feb 2016

Woke up early this morning and headed toward Haneda Airport via the Yamanote line (transfer at Shinagawa).  My first trip which I skipped Shinagawa while visiting Tokyo!  A nice change for sure ;)

'Golden' eggs for breakfast

After checking in 36kg worth of luggages (yes, ANA allows you to check in 2 luggages at 23kg each!), it was exploring the airport again and find a breakfast place.  Funny enough, it was tough to find a restaurant that sells Japanese food.  Most of them were selling western breakfast instead.  Well, settled for the least appetizing ramen of the trip, but then again it's the airport and I usually do not have high hopes for airport dining.


Oh, and also more last minute shopping at at 7-11 where I managed to buy several flavours of KitKat!  In Japan, they have countless flavours including Sake, Green Tea, Sakura, Wine, Cheese, Strawberry Cheese Cake and even Wasabi!  I reckon I had purchased around 7 different flavours during this trip, but I must also note that these were not the full collection!
playing around at the airport
Upon passing through the customs, more duty free shopping, with picking up Hokkaido chocolate biscuits and marinated scallops before boarding the flight back.

Food on board was again uninspiring with 2 huge lumps of rice.  It was rather tasteless with unimaginative sides.  The entertainment was bland that I had to watch TV concert shows!  Well, I guessed I was too pampered!



All in all, a great trip with 9 onsen and 2 sento visits, great food, saw snow and snowing as well!  I will return to the Land of the Rising Sun really soon!! 

No comments: