Monday, February 09, 2009

my 15 days of cny 2009

Christmas has its 12 days. CNY has more at 15 days.. and this year's 15 days of CNY has been different and especially nice.

The 1st 2 days were in my previous entry, so i shall start wtih my 3rd day. I stayed up really late till 1.30am just to reply my work emails. According to my animal horoscope, it is auspicious for me to start work on the 3rd day. Since me on leave dat day, so no choice reply at home. Day 3 was a peaceful day where i drove my parents for a nice and simple breakfast in Jurong West.

Day 4 was office day for me. the office was almost empty as most were still on holiday. time jus zoomed by.. same as with Day 5, which is a friday. The weekend was peaceful.

Day 8 was the 1st Monday of the new year, where most ppl reported back to work. and I got my 1st angbao from work that day courtesy from Jessica. Thanks!! The next 2 days were spent in anticipation for Day 11's CNY LoHei by the firm. Anticipation was natural as our boss has the practice of giving very big angbao. Last year's was $288!!!

This year's LoHei was at Nobel house. It was a nice event, not as great as last year's dishes though.. but it doesnt really matter... the most important part of the lunch was when the bosses became the Fortune Gods!! I will not say how much this year's ang bao was.. but it was a sweet surprising moment for everyone. :)

The next day was another great day. My 1st ICT of 2009 was short and sweet. Dinner at PF's place with my 1st KFC meal of the Cow year. Then came the gambling. Not an avid fan of gambling, we played blackjack for around 1.5hrs where i lost $16... after resting for a while (the length of a Hancock movie), i joined my fren with majong... combining power with CF, we both won an astonishing $150!! My 1st win in so many years!! hahaha.. but the drawback, i slept at 6am.. so straining....

Last day of CNY, day 15... My dept had a LoHei at Beng Hiang.. Nice place with great food...

wat a nice 15 days of CNY

photos will be uploaded onto www.deroldee.shutterfly.com

No comments: